With hurricane season already here in Weston, if you’re a homeowner, you’ll want to make sure that your roof is in tip-top condition. This starts with a visual inspection and then a professional inspection if you detect anything might not look right. Taking the right steps now to ensure that your roof is airtight when a storm hits can make all the difference in helping to keep your home safe from leaks and flooding. As we know, leaks can bring mold and mildew, and that’s something you’ll want to avoid at all costs. Chase Roofing is a leading residential roofer that employs a team of experts with many years of experience who can fix any roofing problem including builder errors, roof neglect, and standing water.
Here are five smart maintenance tips for keeping roof leaks at bay:
- Trim your trees regularly – Do you have tree branches that extend over your roof or are hitting a window? Trimming your branches and cutting your trees can keep pests who use the branches as a bridge to your roof away for good. Once on your roof, these pests can burrow, tunnel and cause serious damage. Tree limbs can also cause some serious damage in a hurricane if not secured.
- Clean your gutters regularly – You’ve probably noticed that most roofs are sloped in to help aid in water drainage. Sloped roofs typically pour water into gutters, allowing water to drain off of the roof and away from your home’s foundation. But if you don’t keep your gutters clean, things can back up. Cleaning your gutters on a seasonal schedule can help keep them free of water-clogging debris.
- Do a Visual Inspection – Take a peek at your roof and make sure everything looks okay. Make sure your roof doesn’t have any debris on it. If you detect any leaks, call a residential roofer in Weston that you can trust like Chase Roofing.
- Be aware of fire hazards – When you’re decorating your roof over the holidays, make sure that your decorative lights don’t damage your roof. Always make sure to affix lights with gentle adhesives that don’t harm roofing. If you set off fireworks, make sure to aim them away from your roof.
- Replace missing shingles or tiles – Roofing tiles and shingles can break or fly away in a strong storm. High winds and regular wear can all take a toll on your roof. A tile can become a flying weapon in a violent storm if not properly tacked down. Remember to replace them quickly by calling an experienced residential roofer in Weston.
These are just a few of the ways you can protect against roof leaks and damage in storms or just everyday rainstorms. The age of a roof can also be the culprit in the majority of roof leaks, which is why it makes sense to contact an expert residential roofer in Weston to inspect and repair anything that needs attention sooner than later. Give us a call today if you think you have a roof leak and are looking for the best residential roofer in Weston. Call Chase Roofing & Contracting and one of our courteous, expert roofers will be dispatched to your Weston home within the hour.